[HUU] WARPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo (Beth's Character)

Go down

Echo (Beth's Character) Empty Echo (Beth's Character)

Post  Betsuni Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:30 am

June 1197,
After several long months of travel and the loss of most of our assets to that infernal dragon, our final destination was the frozen peak of a very tall mountain where we found an abandoned ruin of a castle. It looks like a defensible enough location and with my sodales showing that they have at least some aptitude in combat skills I don't think we need to worry too much for the time being. Still this site needs a lot of work to make it livable and most importantly what kind of resources we have access to. I'll scout out the area and draw up a few maps with the last of my paper and ink I saved from the attack.

July 1197,
The resources in the area are very basic with various flora that I am still unfamiliar with. Some of them are rather beautiful and I look forward to analysing them in the future. For now we nee to focus on maintaining our other supplies including food. I've been told that our hunters can't catch enough without decent traps so I'll spend most of my time for now making rope from some of the local fibrous plants. I have some skill in Rego and Herbam so it shouldn't be too difficult. It just takes time.

August 1197,
Our food supplies are still dwindling. I have a few seeds and enough practice at my formulaic spells to make them grow at enough rate to keep everybody here full, although it will induce warping. I just need somewhere to place them. This month I'll lay out boundaries for a garden and prepare the soil. Looks like I'm going to get to study my plants after all. I just hope that my sodales have the sense to organise themselves in an appropriate manner whilst I'm here. Mostly because if they don't I won't be able to see when something interesting happens.

September 1197,
Now that I have the space to do so, I can start to grow these crops. Rice is very unusual. Its grown under water like some kind of seaweed but the result is something closer to wheat. I got one of the other magi to help me last month to make the paddies for them. His name is Kazan, a Japanese native who was apprenticed by the famous lady Kazeko. He seems noble enough to watch over covenant affairs and with his kind of education he should be experienced enough to now right from wrong. I also explained that anything less than perfection on his part would reflect very badly on him and to extent his masters teachings so I'm quite sure he won't disappoint. This way I can do what is best for all of us and keep an eye on all of them.

Betsuni

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum