[HUU] WARPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crow Ametiri

2 posters

Go down

Crow Ametiri Empty Crow Ametiri

Post  Nathaniel Lowe Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:52 am

1170:
Spring: I've finally found the courage to leave my perens. Kalen has gone too far this time. He spent ages working on that infernal device of his when he should have been teaching me.
I was an apprentice, true, but he showed little or no interest in any of m craft. He just shrugged all my inventions aside, and simply grew even more obsessive about that 'thing'. So obsessed was he with its construction, that he even set me to work on it. He poured everything that should have gone to my teaching into that thing. He taught me so little, that I devoted my spare time learning philosophy with our covenant priest, and teaching the younger apprentice and assisting with their Perens. And when it was finally finished, he was so blind with hubris, and his perfection complex that he couldn't even see the crystals flaw! I could tell it would end in disaster unless he replaced it, but he was adamant that his work was perfection itself! But what could I do? H was the perens, and I the apprentice. His word was law, and not law was higher. But when He acclaimed his success, I spoke of the flaws and warned him against doing anything with it. But before I could stop him he had activated it! The blast was huge. Not so much a fiery inferno, but a more subtle shock wave as vis vibrated all through the covenant. He had parma magica. He could weave spells in an instance. But I? I! I was left with nothing! Because he had devoted himself to its creation, because he had neglected to even consider me ready for my gauntlet, because he was a stupid and terrifying fool! I had no parma magica. I had no shield. And when the shock wave was over...I had no gift...
Kalen was furious. Some how it was my fault! I told him about the crystal core, and I reminded him that the matrix would never hold. But he just entered a rage. Not only was his greatest creation in ruins, but his entire lab been...changed...I swear he tried to kill me that day! I still bare a scar from the shards of crystal he summoned. I don't think it even registered to him what had happened to me...He was so focused with me ruining his work, holding him back, and being the cause of all this misfortune.
I ran as quickly as I could as far away from the covenant as possible. I then spent at least a few days on the road. Depressed and disheartened, i had never felt so alone. I would show him! Even without my gift I could work greater marvels that pezzo di merda! Even so...He fills me with dread to this. With all this talk of hatred...His very name still chills me to the bone. Even before this latest of my calamities, he was never a kind teacher. Always cursing, always shouting, allways raging at something or other. usually me...Still, I held on to my plan, and gathered as much courage as I could. I circled back round, and sneaked back into the covenant. I didn't stay long enough to wonder is he had calmed down, I simply took my few belongings I had left and raced to the redcap portal. I emerged, regained some composure, and paid the toll. Then I fled to the only place I thought Kalen would never find me. The latest Covenant. Japan. To meet an old friend. I was a magi no longer...But I will be damned if that stops me from working marvels!
I emerged into japan easily enough, approached this new covenant. I hope they will be more welcoming then my parens.

Spring: Glass making (2xp)
Summer: Glass making (2xp)
Autumn: I was taught Japanese (25xp)
Winter: I taught Latin to one of the magi here. I was surprised, but eager to prove my worth.

Nathaniel Lowe

Back to top Go down

Crow Ametiri Empty 1171:

Post  Nathaniel Lowe Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 am

Spring: Teaching Latin again (2 xp)
Summer: Gave Glass crafts to Robbie, the local tradesmen to sell to the population. Made glass work this season too. (2 xp)
Autumn: Glass Making (2 xp)
Winter: Learnt Japanese (15 xp)

Nathaniel Lowe

Back to top Go down

Crow Ametiri Empty Re: Crow Ametiri

Post  Matt Lefeuvre Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:02 am

Crow got 16 XP of the Dr not 15 made a mistake in calculating totals last week

Matt Lefeuvre

Back to top Go down

Crow Ametiri Empty Re: Crow Ametiri

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content